Communication, Driven by Business Strategy, Creates Valuable Outcomes
Making a mark requires both boisterous, freewheeling brainstorms and the rigor of production schedules. It mandates the noisy debate of diverse team collaboration and the solitude of writing alone.
Managing and working with teams from the Western regions of two global communications agencies engaged me in challenging, exciting and innovative marketing and sustainability programs. That experience was invaluable. Consulting as an independent has brought back the satisfaction of personally producing hands-on work, engaging in one-on-one counsel, and making a real difference in delivering on goals. For me, consulting applies a lifetime of leadership and learning to work that is making significant impact.
At Ketchum and Burson-Marsteller, and now through my own firm, I have had the pleasure of working with dynamic leaders and cutting-edge companies on landmark and award-winning campaigns – from the hyper-local to those on a global scale.
- Launched the Segway Human Transporter
- Developed a 30,000-foot-view strategy to enhance a brand’s reputation across integrated platforms
- Rolled out Arthur Ashe’s National Junior Tennis League
- Articulated and applied strategic message architectures
- Renovated and built websites from the ground up
- Conducted global communications platform for 3Com’s Planet Project
- Writing for video scripts, op-eds, sales materials and white papers for multi-nationals ranging from Nestlé, Walmart and Chevron to single proprietor manufacturers of welding fixtures and high-tech fabricating machinery
- Integral to the creation and expansion of Häagen Dazs Loves Honey Bees
- Created annual reports on Corporate Sustainability Responsibility
- Designed and established a national business-to-business foodservice contest
- Facilitated a number of program and company naming processes and a science-based roundtable on complex environmental topics.
- Played strategic board and consular roles for social and cultural non-profits like Grace Cathedral, the Marin Theatre Company and San Francisco Opera
Confidence and practicality mean there is no job too big or too small.