Communication, Driven by Business Strategy, Creates Valuable Outcomes
Making a real impact requires rigorous strategic evaluation, boisterous freewheeling brainstorming and exacting production. It must balance the noisy debate of diverse team collaboration and the solitude of considered thought and creative development.
Managing and working with teams from the Western regions of two global communications agencies was challenging and exciting – resulting in innovative marketing and sustainability programs. That experience was invaluable. Consulting independently has brought back the satisfaction of personally producing hands-on work, engaging in one-on-one counsel, and making a real difference in delivering on real business goals. For us, consulting applies a lifetime of leadership and learning to work that is making significant impact.
At Ketchum and Burson-Marsteller, and now through Dave Chapman Consulting, we’ve had the pleasure of working with dynamic leaders and cutting-edge companies on landmark and award-winning campaigns – from the hyper-local to those on a global scale.
- Crafted and led strategic planning sessions to discern and express brand essence, define service and product offerings, and articulate strategic message architectures
- Developed 30,000-foot-view strategies to enhance a brand’s reputation across integrated platforms
- Overhauled, renovated and built websites from the ground up
- Produced website content, advertising, video scripts, social media threads, op-eds, sales materials and white papers for organizations ranging from multi-nationals to single proprietor manufacturers
- Facilitated company, product and program naming processes
- Emceed and facilitated science-based roundtables on complex environmental and scientific topics
- Orchestrated the brand expansion and website presence of major philanthropic consulting services
- Launched the Segway Human Transporter
- Rolled out Arthur Ashe’s National Junior Tennis League
- Conducted global communications platform for 3Com’s Planet Project
- Integral to the creation and expansion of the award-winning Häagen Dazs Loves Honey Bees campaign
- Designed and established a multi-year national business-to-business foodservice contest
- Played strategic board and consular roles for social and cultural non-profits like Grace Cathedral, the Marin Theatre Company and San Francisco Opera
Confidence and practicality mean there is no job too big or too small.