Communication, Driven by Business Strategy, Creates Valuable Outcomes
Making a real impact requires rigorous strategic evaluation, boisterous freewheeling brainstorming and exacting production. It must balance the noisy debate of diverse collaboration and the solitude of considered thought and creative development.
Managing and working with teams from the Western regions of two global communications agencies was challenging and exciting – resulting in innovative strategic communications programs. That experience was invaluable. Consulting independently has brought back the satisfaction of personally producing hands-on work, engaging in one-on-one counsel, and making a real difference in delivering on real business goals. For us, consulting applies a lifetime of leadership and learning to work that is making significant impact.
At Ketchum and Burson-Marsteller, and now through Dave Chapman Consulting for the past six years, we’ve had the pleasure of working with dynamic leaders, cutting-edge companies, committed philanthropic organizations and dedicated generational family businesses on landmark and award-winning campaigns – from the hyper-local to those on a global scale.
- Crafted and led strategic planning sessions to discern and express brand essence, define service and product offerings, and articulate strategic message architectures
- Facilitated the transition of a family business across generations to assure balance, satisfaction and a continuity of success
- Workshopped the development of a core values statement, reason-for-being and differentiation analysis for a regional business-to-business retailer; crafted and refined the language for these strategic commitments for full staff buy-in
- Developed 30,000-foot-view strategies to enhance a brand’s reputation across integrated platforms
- Overhauled, renovated and built websites from the ground up
- Produced website content, advertising, video scripts, social media threads, op-eds, sales materials and white papers for organizations ranging from multi-nationals to single proprietor manufacturers
- Facilitated company, product and program naming processes
- Orchestrated the brand expansion and website presence of major philanthropic consulting services
- Launched the Segway Human Transporter
- Conducted global communications platform for 3Com’s Planet Project
- Integral to the creation and expansion of the award-winning Häagen Dazs Loves Honey Bees campaign
- Designed, developed logistics and executed a multi-year national business-to-business foodservice contest
- Played strategic board and consular roles for social and cultural non-profits like Grace Cathedral, the Marin Theatre Company and San Francisco Opera
With confidence and practicality, there is no job too big or too small.